“What books do you recommend?”
- Adult fiction: JOB: A Comedy of Justice, by Robert A. Heinlein; Ringworld, by Larry Niven
- Young adult fiction: Ender’s Game, by Orson Scott Card; Parrotfish, by Ellen Wittlinger
- Children: Grandfather Twilight, by Helen Berger; The Gray Lady and the Strawberry Snatcher, by Molly Bang
“Who are your favorite authors/ who do you want to write like?”
- Faves: Robert A. Heinlein, Orson Scott Card, and Scott Westerfeld.
Write like: Orson Scott Card.
“Ms. Britt, are you a boy or a girl?”
- I am a human! And for now that is all you need to know. Your parents will discuss this with you someday.
“What are your pronouns?”
- I’d prefer to be called a “person” over a “woman,” “dude” instead of “ma’am,” and the like.
If you must pronoun me, I’ll take she/her/hers, to avoid confusion.
But don’t correct anybody that calls me “he” – I take it as a compliment that they see me that way.